Saturday, November 30, 2013

Free Form Locs and the case of "Handitis"

Ok so I have a few days into this so-called 'free form' loc journey and I can't seem to keep my hands out of my head! I'm constantly caressing my hair, feeling and touching it like its my first time ever seeing it! But I think it's because this time, with he free form method I'm doing, the 'no oil thing has allowed me to really feel what my hair is like.

free form dreds
I have never gone with out some time of moisturizer in my hair,. Even when I wore my sisterlocks I'd spray a little oil sheen on them for the shine effect. The fact that there are no parts in my hair, no 'grid pattern', no palm rolling..lawd this is going to be an exercise in patience for real. But yaay!, no PAIN! I can throw away everything product except for my shampoo and go about my business.





free form locs

I guess I am lucky that I am a business owner and don't have to 'look' a certain way for the corporate world.. thinking.... Yep I am really grateful for that. So I am finding that I have to wash my hair everyday instead of the twice a week regimen I had planned to start (blame it on my yoga sweat!) And my hair is very dry and sponge-like but its so cool, lol So the plan is to update you all as I go through the changes, and definitely ever week... I can't wait till my locs look like some of my hair muses below.. Tootles :)
..

No comments:

Post a Comment